The Illinois Biochar Group (IBG) will hold its fall meeting on Friday, December 4, 2015, at the USDA’s National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research (NCAUR) in Peoria. The meeting is an opportunity to learn about current biochar research, exchange information, and network with other biochar researchers in order to foster collaboration and promote biochar and its usage.
We will begin with networking and lunch from 11:00-12:30. Lunch is not mandatory if extra travel time is needed to get to Peoria. There will also be an optional NCAUR Greenhouse/Rheology Lab Tour from 12:30-1pm. Talks will begin at 1:10 and conclude at 3:35 pm. Another optional networking session will be at the end from 3:40 pm on.
Boxed Lunch Options
Box lunches can be ordered for $10 each. If you would like to request a boxed lunch, please RSVP to Steve Peterson (Steve.Peterson@ars.usda.gov or 309-681-6325) by December 1, 2015. Cash is preferred; checks can be accepted. No credit or debit cards. All box lunches come with a gourmet cookie. Water, coffee, 7-UP, and Diet Pepsi will be available.
You are of course welcome to bring your own food and/or drink if desired, or skip lunch entirely if you need more time to travel to the meeting.
- Turkey, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, dill spread on homemade sub bread, served with mustard potato salad and pasta salad
- Ham and cheese, lettuce, tomato with honey mustard, served on homemade sub bread with coleslaw and pasta salad
- Grilled chicken breast, smoked bacon, provolone cheese, honey mustard, served on a croissant with pasta salad and mustard potato salad
- Ham, salami, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, mild peppers, onions, mayo, Italian dressing, served on homemade sub bread with pasta salad and coleslaw
- Roast beef, provolone cheese, horseradish mayo, lettuce, tomato, served on homemade sub bread with mustard potato salad and coleslaw
- Veggie option: lettuce, tomato, cucumber, olives, provolone cheese, dill spread, served on multi-grain bread with pasta salad and low-fat chips
For additional meetings and conferences, check the events on the International Biochar website http://www.biochar-international.org/conferences